Learn more about WheelLog application and get the version that is most up-to-date
WheelLog is a free, open source application for Android devices that provides an interesting alternative to OEM applications. The original version was created by Kevin Cooper and later developed by other developers.
As a WheelLog user and a software developer at the same time, I decided to expand this application by adding the features I needed for my personal use. One of them was voice messages and alerts, thanks to which during long expeditions I know the status of my unicycle and how my trip progresses, without having to own a smartwatch or take my phone out of my pocket. Another one was to add a live map to my blog where my readers could watch the progress of my tours live.
It quickly turned out that the new features were appreciated by a wide range of WheelLog users. So I decided to develop the application further, based on application sources published on GitHub. Currently, the application is available for download from this page, I also plan to make this version available in Google Play.
- Android 4.41 or newer
- Bluetooth LE2
- GPS3 and data connection4
- King Song
- Ninebot One S2, Z6, Z8 and Z105
How to install:
- If you have WheelLog version installed from Google Play or other sources, uninstall it first.
- Enter the "Settings" of your device.
- Select the "Security" option.
- Find the "Unknown sources" option.
- Activate the "Allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store" option.
- Download and run WheelLog installer package.
2 Bluetooth LE is required for wheel connectivity only. You can use live map feature without wheel connection, eg. if your unicycle is not yet supported.
3 GPS is required by live map service, but also if you want to log location data with wheel parameters.
4 Data connection (preferably 3G/4G/LTE) is required by live map feature,
5 Support for other Ninebot devices is under development.
- Several major improvements and bugfixes
- Added German, Brazil Portugese and Russian localization
You can always contact me by email - email@example.com - I'll be happy to answer your questions, thoughs or feature requests. You can also find me on Electric Unicycle Forum, where I'm an active user.