Learn more about WheelLog application and get the version that is most up-to-date
WheelLog is a free, open source application for Android devices that provides an interesting alternative to OEM applications. The original version was created by Kevin Cooper and later developed by other developers. The latest version of this application available on Google Play comes from the autumn of 2018, and the last active developer stopped developing it further.
However, this does not mean that the project was abandoned. As a WheelLog user and a software developer at the same time, I decided to expand this application by adding the features I needed. One of them was voice messages and alerts, thanks to which during long expeditions I know the status of my unicycle and how my trip progresses, without having to own a smartwatch or take my phone out of my pocket. Another one was to add a live map to my blog where my readers could watch the progress of my tours live.
It quickly turned out that the new features were appreciated by a wide range of WheelLog users. So I decided to develop the application further, based on application sources published on GitHub. Currently, the application is available for download from this page, soon it will also be available in Google Play.
- Android 4.41 or newer
- Bluetooth LE2
- GPS3 and data connection4
- King Song
- Ninebot One S2, Z6, Z8 and Z105
How to install:
- If you have WheelLog version installed from Google Play or other sources, uninstall it first.
- Enter the "Settings" of your device.
- Select the "Security" option.
- Find the "Unknown sources" option.
- Activate the "Allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store" option.
- Download and run WheelLog installer package.
2 Bluetooth LE is required for wheel connectivity only. You can use live map feature without wheel connection, eg. if your unicycle is not yet supported.
3 GPS is required by live map service, but also if you want to log location data with wheel parameters.
4 Data connection (preferably 3G/4G/LTE) is required by live map feature,
5 Support for other Ninebot devices is under development.
- Added Ninebot One S2 support
- Added Bulgarian, Czech, Greek and Italian localization
- Improved user interface
- Improved Android 8/9 compatibility
- Pebble and Samsung Gear compatibility fixes
You can always contact me by email - email@example.com - I'll be happy to answer your questions, thoughs or feature requests. You can also find me on Electric Unicycle Forum, where I'm an active user.